We offer no-contact curbisde pickup of items placed on hold!
The service will be available during the hours listed here.
How it works:
- To request items for curbside pickup, place a hold on an item(s) via the online catalog, our mobile app, or by calling us during the hours above.
- You will be notified by text or email when your holds are ready for pickup.
- When you arrive to pickup your hold, pull into the specially marked spots*, and give us a call to let us know you are here.
- Staff will bring your bagged items out to you and place the items in your trunk, unoccupied back seat, or table.
- All staff are following strict sanitation and hand-washing procedures and will wear masks while handling your materials.
- Materials may start to be returned to our bookdrops or in designated containers in our buildings.
- All materials will be quarantined for 72 hours per CDC guidelines.
- Please be patient as we work to check-in items during this time
Hope: Spots will be right in front of the building Columbus: See picture below for spaces
In case of severe weather, such as thunderstorms, lightning, strong winds, and heavy downpours, for the safety of our patrons, staff, and materials, we will temporarily suspend curbside pickup service until the inclement weather passes. Please feel free to either wait in your vehicle or return at a later time. Thank you for your understanding.
Home deliveries: The Outreach Department can be reached at [email protected] or 812-379-1278 for those wishing to know about home deliveries of items. Currently this service is also available to those quarantining at home, or those at high risk for the virus.